- Written by Super User
- Category: lib
- Published on 09 January 2017
- Hits: 763
Educational, Training & Support Department
The Educational, Training & Support (ETS) Department
The University of Khartoum library, The Training Department developed a programme of training events to help support University staff, students and researchers in their learning and teaching programmes, their research needs and other activities.
The advancement and development in Information Sciences as well as in the Communications Technology applications are massive and rapidly evolving. There is enormous lack and scarcity in adequate training in information management and the use of communications technology to manage information among both the University students and staff.
ETS Department Aims & Objectives:
The Department aims at improving the knowledge and skills of University students, staff and researchers on the different applications of Information and communications technologies in information management and in E-Learning at large.
ETS Project Contents:
The following Training and supporting courses are offered regularly:
- Effective information management for arts and humanities studies
- Effective information management for social sciences studies
- Effective information management for engineering studies
- Effective information management for medical and health sciences studies
- Effective information management for life sciences studies
- Effective internet resources search for health and medical research
- Using reference management software: RefWorks Programme
- Using reference management software: EndNote Programme
- Using reference management software: References Manager Programme
- Using digital learning management system: Moodle programme
- Open Educational Resources
- Introduction to Bibliometrics
- Web E-Learning resources
- WebCT: Learning, teaching and assessment toot
- Open Access, OASCIR training course
These training courses are one or more days intensive courses, introduce delegates to specific educational objectives. They provide the delegates with hand on training experience on these specific educational objectives. They also introduce the delegates to different softwares, databases and ICT tools and delegates will have the opportDepartmenty to construct, organize and evaluate their own databases, softwares and ICT tools they learnt.
The training Courses Educational Strategies:
Different educational strategies are adopted according the training course objectives and that include:
- Hand on experience
- Small and large group discussions
The Training Courses Evaluation:
Every training course is evaluated by the following tools:
- Delegates Pre & post course Tests
- Delegates feedback questionnaires & discussion
- Facilitators discussion & feedback
Training Courses Dates
The training courses are organized several times per year and the dates will be available at the University of Khartoum Library website at: www.lib.uof.edu
Extra or new training courses are organised on demand.
Training Course Delegates Number
The number of delegates for each course are 15-20 to ensure good quality training. Trained students will act as trainers and facilitate the training of other students in the different University campuses.
Training Course Fee
It is free of charge for the University students and staff and with minimum cost for other delegates.
The Department has a committee responsible will be for the overall planning and implementation of the activities including delegates’ admission, courses objectives, venues, dates and fees.
Each training course has an organising committee to plan and implement the course objectives, content and its timetable.
Training Courses Outcome
A core of University students and staff will be trained in different information and communication technology tools and technics and they act as trainers for others which will improve the University staff, students and researchers abilities and capabilities in learning, teaching, research and commDepartmenty development objectives and upsurge their efficiency in these.